Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Growing Roots..

My office account is moving to Porur...And I have received this news with Mixed feelings....After traveling for 2.5 hours to college for 4 full years I have for the past couple of years enjoyed the prospect of having my home at a 20 minute commute from office...So today when my manager informed us about the move I was not even sure how I felt....

I am the type to grow roots...Once I get used to a place I find it terribly hard to leave...Which is why the whole craze for everything American just totally passed me by..Coz I have my roots firmly planted in India...And even with regards to my account or project I could never bring myself to leave....My reasons ?? I have friends, I'm used to this place, it took to 2 yrs to get here and if I switch I'd have to start from scratch.etc...My real reason? I've grown roots here too...

The move is supposed to happen sometime in October. Will I be one the people moving remains to be seen.....But Changes seem to be coming at me thick and Fast....And I am starting to learn to adapt. To move on. To not cry whenever a friends Quits the company. To learn that life goes on. And that friends are friends forever...irrespective of place of work or distance (My BFF and I have not seen each other in years.....Has not affected our friendship one bit)....And looks like the only permanent thing in life is "Change"....So I will adapt, And learn to accept these changes with an open mind and butterflies in my stomach....

2 comments: