Sunday, September 26, 2010

Ravages of Time....

I got a Facebook invite from a guy a few days back.I did not recognize the profile pic.So i did not respond to it.But then i noticed that there were quite a few mutual friends and all from my school(which logically led me to assume this guy was from my school too..) So i went to his profile just to see if i could place him.He had quite a few pics in his albums and it was when i was on the 10th pic or so that i realized the men i had been seeing in the last 9 pics had all been classmates of mine. And i was shocked..Why???

Some of these guys had been the heart throbs of school. With a hoard of fans...(Personally i had always been into the intellectual type guys,So these chaps were not ones i noticed) .And they looked so different,Not in the good sense. With beer bellies and flabby arms...One of them was actually starting to go bald. They seem to be doing well and havin a good time. But they certainly did not look like they were on the right side of 25.

I have not seen many of my classmates in 10yrs or more and Now seeing photos on Facebook leaves me with a sense of disbelief.These girls with babies in their hands and weighing some 20 kilos more than they used to are the girls i once played hop-scotch with.... Time spares no-one..So i suppose the only thing to hope for is that in 10 yrs time (no matter how i look) I still feel young :)

No comments:

Post a Comment