Thursday, September 23, 2010

New Friends ,Old Friends and Ex -Friends.......

I’ve been on a 'making new friends' spree lately...Made a lot of new friends ...in varying age groups and from varying backgrounds....Ever since I moved to my new house with my husband, my biggest grouse has been that I have a trillion shops in this area and no one to go shopping with me.... Men are horrible at shopping...They either spend hours or seconds shopping...and its never for the things you like...So I was missing all my girl friends (who are now either busy with jobs or children :P) and missing my hour long shopping trips when I found some friends in unlikely places who share my love....And we'v already covered quite a few of de shops on my list (if we do this on weekdays, imagine my weekends!!) So I'm now one happy shopper:D

But I feel there is this balance god thinks u need to have ...Coz the more new friends I make the more I lose touch with old ones.... Social networking helps keep in touch( so they say ) While I’m really grateful to FB and orkut( I found a lot of old mates on them) they keep you connected without actually keeping the connection alive( am I making sense??) For example...I know which friends of mine are in which city, who are married/engaged and whoz got wat job/kid.... But I have absolutely no idea how they are...if they are happy or sad...and I have not spoken to any of them in a long time..... Which kinda makes the whole thing feel like I’m watching a movie where I have no part :(

And while old friends become more and more distant.....Life makes some old friends turn to Ex-friends..There are some friends whom I remember thinking standing beside me wen I’m old and grey..... I still remember the second I met them, The kind of friendship had with em and the warm fuzzy feeling my heart still gets wen I think of them...But somewhere along the way people change....U never factor that in when u think of being "Friends Forever" They just stop being friends for no apparent reason and while it still hurts to think of them .... Somewhere along the way I have learnt to let go as well..I still keep hoping those friends will call...Whatever the reason was for their silence -that the problem will be solved etc...But these hopes may be just hopes..... They have become "Ex-Friends"…. But friends Past, Present and Future...Here's wishing you all a great life ahead!!!

3 comments:

  1. Very true about facebook or orkut.. Initially I used it to get the info about friends and try to meet up who are in Bangalore, or a get together in Keralam. But now 8 years after college, everybody is busy in their own world. I do have a few friends who I either meet or talk often. And about new friends.. yup, they do come and sometimes claims their space more than I ever thougth they will be !

    Here is a story ( fiction ) about a friend I met on net. Check it...

    http://bijithmb.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-friend-in-cyber-space.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already read that post ...... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oho.. So it didn't impress you enough to comment on it :(
    Kidding ;)

    ReplyDelete